New Delhi (Tech Desk). Lok Sabha elections have been announced in India. Voter ID card is required for any person to cast their vote. Voting cannot be done without a voter ID card . The Election Commission provides online voter registration facility for Indian citizens. Citizens who are 18 years or above can get a voter ID card. To enroll yourself in General Voter, you have to fill Form 6. For this, you will have to go to the official website of NVSP.
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- Has attained the age of 18 when the first date of the year of amendment of the voter list i.e. January 1.
- On the first date of the year i.e. January 1, the voter has reached 18 years of age.
- The voter is required to be a resident of the constituency where they wish to be nominated.
- Not eligible to be nominated as an elector.
Here’s how to register online :
- First of all you have to go to www.nvsp.in.
- After this, click on Apply online for registration of new voters, which is Form6, given on the homepage.
- Fill all the details requested in this form. It contains details of some documents including personal information, address.
- After that read all the details you have filled. After this you have to click on Declaration. The voter ID of the voter will be made after all the details and documents are verified.
- Voters can also track their application status. Information about how to do this can be obtained by visiting this link .
Which form will have to be filled by users :
General voters have to fill in Form 6. This form is for those who are getting voter id card for the first time or who are shifting from another state to another state. At the same time, NRI voters have to fill Form 6A. If you have to make any kind of change in the voter id card, then you have to fill Form 8. In order to shift from one place to another place in the same state, Form 8A has to be filled.
Resource URL – https://bit.ly/2QleWg8