Environmental services or ES professionals now have some tools to combat healthcare infections by adding UV disinfecting technology within the cleaning protocol. This kind of technology mainly works by producing higher intensity UV light, which will pass through bacterial cell walls, bacterial spores, and viruses.
The RNA, DNA, and proteins inside the microorganisms will absorb intense UV energy, and the pathogens are then destroyed. There are mainly two UV systems available. One is the continuous UV, and another one is the whole pulse xenon UV. These options are only effective when introduced correctly and then added into the ES section of the infection control plan. You will learn more about these options from Signify and the working experts.
The right steps to follow:
The ES experts will be following a few of the major steps to ensure that the UV technology has been considered for the ultimate purchase and is effective in reducing the HAIs rate in the healthcare facilities. Failing to follow the given steps associated with the selection and usage of UV disinfection services might reduce and also jeopardize the success rate of the UV technology implementation.
Procure the funding:
It is true that UV technology is pretty expensive. However, the HAIs cost to any medical section can be enormous. So, the professionals must speak with the infection control department to get some information on annual HAI expenses.
- Some studies have shown that eliminating only the four HAIs might pay for the cost of one UV device.
- This information can be shared with the financial department to offer valid documentation on ways the UV equipment will save the HAI expense of the institution.
- A documented ROI will enhance the probability of the ES department securing needed funding to complete the purchase.
Conduct thorough research:
ES experts must invite a minimum of two UV technology firms to the facility for discussing and reviewing their product’s effectiveness.
- For that, the ES professionals will ask for the industrial research results and some of the customer reviews.
- The ease with which the professionals can access the utilized data from UV devices is always a major point to consider.
- Ideally, the ES professionals must be able to access data right from their desks. If not, then that’s a red flag and a sign to look for other UVS disinfection servicing companies.
Conduct proper training as well:
After selecting the firm and its UV disinfection equipment, it is important to go for a thorough training program. Every member of the said ES department will be held responsible for cleaning the direct patient care areas, and they need to be trained thoroughly.
Going through the major steps:
Following those steps will always provide every ES professional with the option to select the best UV disinfection service or product and only from the reputed center. So, don’t forget to check the points mentioned above, in case you are looking for UVC equipment for the first time to cover your medical center. You will receive quality help from reputed resources.
Read More: Signify