As small and medium-sized firms try to grow to be energy efficient and sustainable, they flip to smart lighting fixtures solutions to reduce their environmental effect and save energy costing. Connected and smart lighting in SMEs are rapidly becoming popular, giving business owners greater control over their lighting systems while lowering their energy bills.
What is Smart Lighting in SMEs?
Smart lighting refers to lighting systems designed to be controlled digitally through a mobile device. Conversely, connected lighting refers to lighting systems connected to a network or the internet, allowing them to be controlled remotely. Smart lighting in SMEs involves using sensors, controllers, and other digital devices to manage and optimize lighting usage.
Benefits of Smart Lighting in SME
- Energy Efficiency: Smart lighting systems can help SMEs reduce their energy consumption by up to 80%. They use LED bulbs, that are greater energy efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs and may be controlled remotely to regulate their brightness, colour, and other settings to match the current environment.
- Cost Savings: By reducing energy consumption, smart lighting systems can save SMEs considerable money on their energy bills. LED bulbs can notably lessen maintenance expenses as they have a longer lifespan than conventional bulbs.
- Customizable Settings: Connected lighting in SMEs allow them to customize their lighting settings according to the requirement. This includes adjusting brightness, color temperature and even scheduling lighting to turn on and off at specific times.
- Improved Productivity: Proper lighting can significantly impact employee productivity and mood. Smart lights systems can provide employees a more comfort zone and efficient surroundings via adjusting the lighting fixtures based on the time of day.
How Smart Lighting in SME Works
Some of the key components of Smart Lighting in SMEs include:
- Sensors: Sensors detect occupancy, motion, and light levels. They provide data that can be used to optimize lighting usage and reduce energy consumption.
- Controllers: Controllers are used to managing the lighting fixtures system, including turning lighting on and off, adjusting brightness and colour, and scheduling lights to turn on and off at specific times.
- Mobile Applications: Mobile applications are used to control the lighting system remotely. They allow users to adjust lighting settings and view usage data from their mobile devices.
Considerations When Implementing Smart Lighting in SME
- Cost: While Connected lighting in SMEs can provide significant cost savings over time, installing it can be expensive. SMEs should carefully consider the upfront costs of implementing smart lighting and determine whether the long-term savings will be worth it.
- Compatibility: When implementing smart lighting systems, ensuring that all components are compatible is important. This includes sensors, controllers, and mobile applications.
- Data Security: Smart lighting systems are connected to a network or the internet, making them vulnerable to cyber-attacks. SMEs should ensure their smart lighting systems have appropriate security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Training: Employees must be trained on using the smart lighting system, including mobile applications and other digital devices. SMEs should ensure that they provide adequate training to ensure that employees are comfortable with the new system.
Try the power of connected lighting in SMEs with Interact-Lighting. Visit our website https://www.interact-lighting.com/en-in today and see how you can upgrade your lighting to a smarter, more efficient solution.
Smart LED Light Bulbs: The Ultimate Guide
Smart LED Light Bulbs And Home Security: A Winning Combination
How Can Advanced Commercial Hospitality Lighting Make A Difference In 2023