India is a country with a rich history and culture, and as such, it has its fair share of haunted places, including hotels. Here are some of the most haunted hotels in India:
- Brij Raj Bhavan Palace, Kota: This 19th-century palace was once the residence of the Maharaja of Kota and is now a heritage hotel. It is said to be haunted by the ghost of Major Burton, a British officer who was killed during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- Savoy Hotel, Mussoorie: This colonial-era hotel in the hill station of Mussoorie is said to be haunted by the ghost of Lady Garnet Orme, a British spiritualist who was found dead in her room in 1936. Her death remains a mystery, and her ghost is said to haunt the hotel to this day.
- Hotel Raj Kiran, Lonavala: This hotel in the hill station of Lonavala is said to be haunted by the ghost of a woman who committed suicide in one of its rooms. Guests have reported hearing strange noises and seeing ghostly apparitions.
- Fernhill Palace Hotel, Ooty: This 19th-century palace was once the summer residence of the Maharaja of Mysore and is now a heritage hotel. It is said to be haunted by the ghost of a woman who died in a car accident nearby.
- The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai: This iconic hotel in Mumbai is said to be haunted by the ghosts of guests who died in a terrorist attack in 2008. Guests have reported hearing strange noises and seeing apparitions in the hotel’s corridors.
These are just a few examples of the many haunted hotels in India. If you are interested in the paranormal, they are definitely worth a visit.