Mother’s Day is the day to honour the most special person in your life – your mother. Mothers give us care when we’re babies, guidance when we’re teenagers, and unconditional love when we’re older. Mother’s Day is the one day we get to display our appreciation for all these things our mothers do for us.
Now, all mothers are known for being the ultimate source of tasty, healthy food in the world. Every mother is constantly nagging her child to eat better. Why not celebrate this Mother’s Day by giving mothers their own doses? By that, we mean bamboozling her with some amazing dishes!
Here are some incredible Mother’s Day dinner recipes that everyone, especially your mother, will enjoy. Give your mom a break from kitchen duties by preparing her these three incredible meals this Mother’s Day –
Every Indian mother forces her child to eat Rajma. That’s because this dish is packed with nutrients and is pretty amazing. Thankfully for all the sons and daughters out there, this all-time favourite dish is also pretty easy to make. Here’s how you can prepare Rajma on Mother’s Day –
- Soak kidney beans in water overnight. How many grams of kidney beans you’ll need depends on how many people you’re serving.
- In a pan, boil the soaked kidney beans.
- Add one tablespoon of oil, chopped onions, curry leaves and sauté for a few minutes.
- After the onions are soft, keep stirring the pot and add chopped tomatoes.
- After 2-3 minutes of stirring, you’ll notice a fine paste forming.
- Now, heat two tablespoons of oil and add the tomato/onion sauce.
- Sauté for 3 minutes until the oily mixture separates.
- Add rajma masala mixed with water to the boiled rajma.
- Cook for 3 minutes and keep adding water until the gravy is not too thick.
Put this dish on a plate and serve it with chopped coriander!
Pulao is another easy yet delicious dish to make.
- Soak soya chunks (about half a cup) in water until they’re spongy. In a separate bowl, soak a similar amount of rice.
- Mix the contents of the bowls in a pressure cooker and ghee or butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add spices like cumin seeds, peppercorns, cinnamon powder, cloves, etc.
- Add chopped onions and potatoes to the mix. Cook the mixture of soya chunks, chopped potatoes, onions, and the soaked rice on high flame (cover the cooker’s lid).
- Once your cooker gives two whistles, it’s time to serve your mother hot pulao!
Rasam is a nutrient-packed South Indian dish. Rasam is ideal for Mother’s Day because it’s easy to prepare. You can find many ready-to-cook Rasam powder mixes in the market. Get the powder mix and add coriander powder, curry leaves, cumin seeds, and other healthy ingredients.
To make matters even tastier, add tamarind juice, tomatoes, and other veggies to the mix. Serve this filling yet super-healthy dish to your mother for dinner or lunch. Ready to give your mother the meal of her life this Mother’s Day! Use this guide and start cooking!
Unraveling the Causes of CNS Diseases: The Role of Protein Misfolding and Neurodegeneration
Understanding Krabbe Disease and Gaucher Disease
A complete guide about patients diagnosed with Krabbe disease